Monday 11 January 2016

[Review] Envy Coffee @ one-north

Envy Coffee is well-hidden among the buildings around one-north! It is so conveniently located near my school and also where I work; I have been wanting to visit this cafe since last semester, but I haven't gotten the time to cos last semester's workload was just CRAZY - this itself is another long story. Also, they are closed on weekends so I don't get to visit them when I work.

I actually visited them twice! For the first time, my cousin and I were down for their prawn paste sambal chicken burger but they were out of it. :( Instead, we got their smoked duck miso pasta and cajun chicken burger, which were the next most popular items.


This cajun chicken burger [$13.90] was better than their signature prawn paste sambal chicken burger[$13.90], which I had during my second visit, imo. If I'm not mistaken, all of their burgers come with charcoal buns and sides of salad and waffle fries. 


My cousin had smoked duck miso pasta[$12.90], and we both agreed that the smoked duck was good! The miso was rather faint and I can't actually point out the miso flavour. The pasta also comes cream-based, so some might find it too heavy, or too jelat, after a while. However, the whole thing came well together and it's definitely something I will have the next time.


Envy Coffee also has their own version of creamy white cold brew[$6.50]! 


I don't remember them having a lot of dessert options - just a few choices of cakes and ice cream sandwiches[$6.00]. They have about 3-4 flavours for the ice cream sandwiches, and I got the green tea one.


We also got their lemon mayo baked waffle fries[$8.90]. (top left)


Very nice latte art but my photo sucks lol. We were sitting directly underneath the lamp so there was shadow. 


This is the prawn paste sambal chicken burger Envy Coffee is famous for! The menu indicates that this is one of their spiciest dishes, but it was just ok. I didn't quite like it cos some parts of the chicken were slightly burnt and there was this bitter and burnt taste.

On a side note, I saw that they lack proper cooking equipment and they heated up the charcoal buns in an oven, so I guess most of their food are prepared beforehand, and warmed up in their oven when there are orders. That got me slightly disappointed, but for the food I can close both my eyes to that hahahahaha.

Also, they have WIFI. Definitely a good place to have coffee and chill; just note that it may get crowded during lunch hours since it is located among office buildings and the cafe does not have a lot of tables.

Here is their location:
1 Fusionopolis Link, #01-04, Nexus @ one-north, Singapore 138542
www.envycoffee.com

Monday to Friday: 7:30am to 6:00pm (Closed on weekends and PHs) 

This cafe is quite hidden but Google Maps will help you get there, or at least it worked for me! If you need wifi for Google Maps, stop by Fusionopolis cos there is Wireless@SG there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!